There are many steps that can be taken to increase your Green Cleaning potential from something as easy as changing the chemicals being used in your facility to a complete program that meets LEED cleaning requirements.
Green Cleaning? What is it? What does it cost?
More and more companies are looking toward the future and making the decision to take an environmentally friendly office cleaning outlook on the way they operate and have started offering Green Cleaning. We have also taken that step and many of our cleaning procedures are performed in the most efficient way possible. We use micro-fiber cleaning methods, HEPA filtration vacuums, and utilize efficient cleaning methods. At many of our commercial accounts, we utilize specialized chemicals and have recycling programs in place. Depending on the degree of Green Cleaning you choose, the cost of your janitorial program does not need to be anymore more expensive.
Call us today toll-free at 855-564-2532 to schedule your free janitorial green cleaning estimate!
Minimizing Particles in the Air
- Utilization of HEPA filtration vacuums – Green Seal Certified Vacuums
- Cleaning & janitorial services using micro-fiber clothes, mops, dust mops, and dusters which reduce air born pollutants and are reusable
- Practicing office cleaning procedures that reduce pollutants in the air such as spraying chemicals onto rags instead of releasing aerosols into the air
- Introduction of Air filtration systems
- Environmentally friendly cleaning chemicals that are Green Seal Certified
- Proportioning chemical systems have less waste, referred to as RTD Chemicals
- Hand soaps that do not contain antimicrobial agents
- Routine carpet cleaning maintenance will reduce the possible irritants that live in carpet fibers
Reduce Exposure by Utilizing a Mat System at all Entrances
- Mats help to remove dirt and pollutants before they enter the building. Proper utilization and frequent cleaning can reduce the amount of time needed to properly maintain a building and aid in improving air quality
Proper Procedures that Utilize Efficient Green Cleaning Methods
- Emptying vacuums before they are full to ensure most efficient collection of dirt particles
- Routine cleaning services of areas that are often high in germs such as restroom and door fixtures
Green Cleaning Products
- We can provide an analysis of green cleaning products that are available including recycled and chlorine free paper products–Our Supplier Relationships can assist in this process
- High efficiency bathroom fixtures are available including center pull roll towels, hands free dispensers, high efficiency foam soap, coreless toilet paper, and high capacity dispensers
- We can help determine the best recycling program for your facility
Green Cleaning Certification: LEED
LEED cleaning certification requires much more than just switching from traditional to green cleaning chemicals. According to the USGBC, LEED-EB focuses on seven major areas, each with their own certification standards and best practices.
- Facility Cleaning & Maintenance, including Green Cleaning Chemicals
- Indoor Air Quality
- Energy Efficiency
- Water Efficiency
- Recycling Programs
- Exterior Maintenance Programs
- Systems Upgrades
By implementing a complete green cleaning program, your building can earn up to 14 points toward LEED certification in the Existing Building category.
Green Cleaning is important for the environment and can increase employee productivity. It’s important to consider ways to provide green cleaning. Janitorial services can be very effective and can be implemented with any existing budget or scope. There are always more ways to Go Green!